Our Policy regarding Personal Information
Today, the rapid development and proliferation of information technologies as symbolized by the Internet have substantially increased the volume of information we receive. The Internet is now inseparable from corporate activities and our personal lives. At the same time, however, there is a growing risk that any information that identifies individuals, such as names, addresses and phone numbers (“personal information”) may be illegally leaked into the network. Under these circumstances, we understand that it is our social responsibility to appropriately use and protect personal information. We are committed to ensuring that all of our employees are aware of this responsibility and actively work on to protect personal information.
In addition, from the standpoint as a digital content production company, we strongly encourage our clients to take necessary measures to protect personal information if they use or collect personal information on their websites.
Personal Information Protection Policy of Mitsue-Links Co., Ltd.
We have established the following basic policy to ensure that all personal information we collect are appropriately used and protected, and that all our employees, including those in its management team, understand and observe the intention of this basic policy.
- 1. Definition of personal information
- We define personal information as all information, including personal identification numbers, that can be used to identify individuals.
- 2. Personal information management framework
- We set up a framework necessary to manage personal information and appoint a personal information manager. We also separately appoint a customer service manager and an internal audit manager to ensure the transparency of the framework.
- 3. Purpose of collection, scope of use, deletion and correction of personal information
- We only collect personal information from you to the extent necessary to provide our service, by explaining you in advance why we collect personal information, how we use that information, and where you can contact if you want to make an inquiry. We only use the collected personal information within the scope agreed with you at the time of collection. For further information, please refer to the “Purpose of personal information use” below. We may modify, update or delete personal information obtained from you, if there is any change to your personal information (e.g., a change in address), or if you wish to have your personal information deleted.
- If this applies to you, please contact us at email@example.com.
- 4. Discretionary provision of personal information
- Provision of personal information to us is voluntary, however, as services may be dependent on information provided, if certain information is withheld, we may be unable to provide all or part of the requested services.
- 5. Collection of personal information under an outsourcing agreement
- When we provide information processing services under an outsourcing agreement that involves the provision of personal information, we will set out and adhere to the clauses of confidentiality, subcontracting, sharing of responsibility at the time of accidents, returning and deleting of personal information at the expiration of the agreement, and so on.
- 6. Provision of personal information to a third party
- We do not provide personal information to third parties without obtaining the consent of the person concerned, nor do we provide personal information to third parties under the opt-out system as defined in Article 23, Paragraph 2 of the Personal Information Protection Act. However, the following are exemptions to the above:
- when required by law;
- in cases where necessary for the protection of human life, health or property, and it is difficult to obtain the concerned person's consent;
- in cases where necessary for the improvement of public health or to promote the sound development of children, and it is difficult to obtain the concerned person's consent;
- in cases where cooperation is required with national or local public entities or individuals commissioned by a public agencies to perform administrative functions prescribed by law and obtaining the concerned person’s consent produces a likelihood that execution of the concerned administrative function may be affected.
- 7. Consignment of personal information
- We may outsource the handling of personal information to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use. When we do consign personal information, we ensure that consignee corporations or individuals have in place a personal information protection system at an equivalent or higher level than our own, and, then, we only entrust information within the scope of the purpose of use. By doing this, we seek to ensure the safe management of personal information.
- 8. Disclosure of personal information
- We will not disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent. In case we entrust a third party to process personal information, we will strictly supervise its operations by concluding an agreement that prohibits it from divulging or offering of the information to another party. If you wish to obtain your personal information we have collected, please contact us at the address below.
- 9. Security measures
- We implement rigorous security measures to protect your personal information from various threats. Our security system is constantly reviewed and maintained to prevent unauthorized access, loss, misuse, destruction, leakage, and alteration of the information. We also focus on preventing human errors to protect your personal information by providing educational activities for our employees.
- 10. External educational activities
- From the standpoint as a digital content production company, we encourage our clients who are planning to develop a website to be aware of the importance of protecting personal information and suggest specific protective measures. In this way, we are committed to promoting the sound use of the Internet.
- 11. Legal compliance and the continuous improvements on the personal information management framework
- We observe applicable law, regulations, guidelines and other official standards concerning personal information while regularly reviewing and improving our initiatives described above. However, we will disclose your personal information to comply with legally enforceable requests from courts, police departments, consumer centers, or other comparable authorities.
Purpose of Personal Information Use
We use personal information to:
- (1) Conduct web content operation services (depending on contract details), which include the following:
- a. Personal information obtained from the outsourcer for outsourcing operations
- b. Management of registered information using web forms we operate
- c. Investigation and analysis on the results of user testing
- (2) Communicate with clients for quotations and meetings
- (3) Providing information on our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities and responding to enquiries
- (4) Provide information to shareholders and investors concerning our IR news and manage information of shareholders and shares
- (5) Send our email newsletters to the clients who have signed up for our newsletter
- (6) Provide information and notification to mass media concerning our PR activities
- (7) Provide information of our seminars, notification to participants, and service guidance to the clients who wish to have it
- (8) Recruit new employees and communicate with candidates
- (9) Manage our human resources
- (10) Check records of entering/leaving operation areas (including videos)
For items (8) and (9), we also notify candidates and employees of the purpose of personal information use at the time of interviews and employment.
User Access Logs
Our website records access information in the form of an access log. It contains the domain names, IP addresses, web browsers and access dates of the users who visit the website. The access log is used solely for maintenance and administration of the website as well as analyzing its usage condition. The access logs will never be used for any other purposes.
A cookie is a small text file containing a string of characters to store personal information. When you visit this website, a cookie is exchanged between the web server and your Internet browser, and stored on your computer's hard drive.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. You should be aware, however, that if you choose to decline cookies, certain functions or features on our website may not work correctly.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites (operated by businesses or individuals). However, once you have used these links to leave our website, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Comments, Complaints and Claims concerning Privacy
If you have any doubts about our compliance status with this privacy statement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. After reviewing your feedback, we will reply you by e-mail and make every possible effort to take appropriate action.
Revisions to the Personal Information Protection Policy
If we use your personal information in a manner that differs from the statement that was effective at the time of collection, such an event will be posted here or notified to you by e-mail. You have the right to elect whether you allow us to use your personal information in a manner that differs from the statement on this website.
It is very important that you fully understand how we handle your personal information. If you have any comments or questions on the statement above, please do not hesitate to contact us:
Attn: Personal Information Manager Tetsuji Yamashita
33F, Sumitomo Fudosan Shinjuku Grand Tower, 8-17-1 Nishi-Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, 160-6133 JAPAN